Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 5 12 8:01 AM

Tags : :

To all the Germantown Folks,

I am saddened to tell you that my beloved husband and your beloved Webmaster, Doug Heller, passed away on May 25th from pancreatic cancer. He was a wonderful man, father, husband, son, brother and community leader. You may have read his obituary in the Inquirer:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120528_Douglas_Heller__57__Springfield_Twp__commissioner_and_historian.html

I moved you over to this forum when I was caring for him night and day and didn't have time to take care of all of you as well. Now that things are starting to get back to a  new normal, I am wondering if you would like to go back to the old way of doing things. I will have time to update the guestbook every day now (or soon).

Please let me know what you think. I'm sure this will create a hullaballoo of different opinions. I will take them all into consideration before making my decision of what to do.

Best,
Nancy
Your new webmaster

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jun 5 12 8:36 AM

Please accept my condolences on your loss.  We have experienced pancreatic cancer in our family also and it is devastating.  My hope is that they will either find a cure or a way of diagnosing it before it is too late. 

We have enjoyed this site and hope you will continue it.  Our personal preference is for the old system.  As you can see from my accidentally repeating my last blog, I am finding it harder to navigate than the previous site.  Whatever you do, though, accept my thanks for anything you do to continue this site.

Ro Rinaldi

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 5 12 8:40 AM

Please accept my condolences on your loss.  We have experienced pancreatic cancer in our family also and it is devastating.  My hope is that they will either find a cure or a way of diagnosing it before it is too late. 
We have enjoyed this site and hope you will continue it.  Our personal preference is for the old system.  As you can see from my accidentally repeating my last blog, I am finding it harder to navigate than the previous site.  Whatever you do, though, accept my thanks for anything you do to continue this site.
Ro Rinaldi

-rorinaldi

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 5 12 8:52 AM

Nancy,

Sincere condolences from our entire family.  Re: Blogs.  Why not keep both?  Monitor the old forum, and let this new one run itself.

John Fleming Florida's favorite uncle Uncle Johnny

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 5 12 9:07 AM

Dear Nancy, My sincerest condolences to you on the loss of your husband & best friend. I did read the "Irish sports page" (Obituaries) in the Inquirer as I do daily online but somehow missed the connection to this site. Nevertheless, I am sorry for your loss. Doug Heller was a a steady & calming presence on this site when the natives sometimes got restless & cannibalization was about to set in. Bernard F McKernan

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 5 12 2:52 PM

Nancy,
I am very sorry to hear about your husband. I did not know Doug, but know he had to be a great guy to develop this site that was designed to bring people together, and to share memories. This is a difficult time for you; hopefully you can take solace in the memories you and your beloved husband shared.
Sincerely,
John Payne

John Payne

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 5 12 4:04 PM

Dear Nancy, I am very sorry to hear about the death of your husband Doug Heller.  His time and dedication to this project and the community is appreciated and will be sorely missed. What he has created on the Germantown site has captured the real essence of what Germantown was, this is something that you will never find in the history books but it gives future generations a portal into an era and its people. Also we have to thank your husband for giving many people a voice and memories of another moment. To answer your question on which site---I like the fact that you can add photos to this site which I hope to do. Also the fact that you can go back and edit which I just had to do because of a spelling error. My regards to your family.  Jack McHugh

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 5 12 4:24 PM

Nancy,
           I send to you and your family my wholehearted condolences for the loss of Doug,your beloved husband and our wonderful Web-master. Germantowners are so saddened to have learned that our outstanding Web-master has passed away and who helped us to rekindle our fond memories of Germantown and renew friendships. We appreciate so much the effort and contribution that you and Doug made to the great and unique Germantown Web-site. Both of you have always tried to be fair and objective as Web-Masters, I commend both of you to the highest. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Doug-"May Doug Heller Rest In Eternal Peace".                          John Bruce Schmitt- Germantowner

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jun 5 12 8:55 PM

Dear Nancy ... I am very sorry for your loss ... please accept my deepest condolences .. both you and Doug have done so much to bring people together through this website ... I appreciate your efforts.  Tom Cusack

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 6 12 6:41 AM

Dear Nancy,
So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband.My condolences to you and your family.May Doug rest in peace.
Those of us who continue to be regular contributors to both the old and new sites can't thank both of you enough for maintaining it as long as you have.We hope that you will continue this site for as long as you possibly can.
Sincerely,
Paul Borian

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 6 12 6:51 AM

Nancy: I was not aware of your husband Doug,s illness. My first thoughts are ...here is a family going through this agony and you are concerned about us! I am truly amazed by your thoughtfulness and grateful for your generosity. I am sure many of us liked the old way better, for we are old ourselves and us old folk never care too much for change, but Nancy, you do what is best for you, and us Germantowners will just have to “go with the flow”. After all, you and Doug have done enough already. God Bless you and your family, and God Bless America. Joe DAgostino

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 6 12 8:46 AM

Dear Nancy-------
                   My thoughts and prayers are with you and Doug.
GOD be with you and all your loved ones.
                   love,
            frank klock.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 6 12 12:51 PM

Dear Nancy - please accept my deepest sympathy on Doug's passing.  I hope the remembrance of the joy, love and laughter you shared brings you much comfort and peace in the days ahead. 
You have no idea how much your efforts on our behalf are appreciated.  Thank you for everything.  Regina

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 6 12 2:31 PM

Dear Nancy: our stoic wed-master,

I will say my limited mourners' Kaddish for Doug.  "May his great name be blessed forever, and to eternity."  And may Doug be in his company (along with his loved ones) until Omega.
Most sincerely,
Kevin

Kevin Mc Kernan

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 7 12 9:44 AM

Nancy, my sincerest condolences on the loss of your husband. He handled the Gtown with grace and poise. I know it was a difficult task, but he managed the website as a true professional.  As for which site to use for future postings, my vote, with two enthusiastic thumbs up; is to go back to the old Gtown site. The Gtown site was much easier to read and post replies. I, like most people who post here would like to thank you personally for taking over the site in difficult times. Long Live the Gtown Blog!!!!!!!!!!! Ed.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 7 12 2:21 PM

Today, I attended Mass at I7th&Girard where The Jesuit High School is located-The Prep. I talked with Lou Pauzano from The Hollow and St. Mike's. We concluded that Germantowmn Bloggers on this site should continue to exhibit civility and compassion. At Mass, I did remember Doug Keller,our extraordinary Web-master who did such an outstanding job on this site to keep our memories of Germantown alive. Although Lou Pauzano graduated from St. Mike's, we talked about the closing of St. Francis on June 24. Many of us will be heading to The Continental[Wissy&Hansberry] after The SFA  Mass and Lou is surprised that the old castle on The Hill is still open. Lou knew The Raffaele Family of The Hollow and their great steak-shop has been gone for many years. Lou spends a lot of time at Wildwood during the summer and he said," Joe Raffaele is still in Wildwood. I went to St. Francis with Joe's brother,Dom. It is always great to cross paths with Germantowners and I hope to see many of them at The last SFA Mass on June 24-especially the altar-boys and those who sang in the choir. I know that John Payne is busy creating cartoons in Florida for this site and is still chalking the cue-stick for his competitive matches in pool and will not attend.                                                John Bruuce Schmitt-SFA

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help